Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone else experienced delays in getting consent from MCI? Following our daughter's death in July of 2013, we took custody of her two small children. Their father's parental rights were terminated in July 0f 2014. The adoption agency DHS referred us to submitted the request for consent on 12/4/2014, saying it takes about a month. That turned into 4-6 weeks, then 6-8, then 8-10, and now at week 10 they are saying they have not received consent for other case that are at 13 weeks. Does anyone have information on this delay?
Seriously? 142 people read this and no one has a comment either way? My adoption worker tells me it's a pervasive problem, yet I can't find a single person who is experiencing this delay or knows anyone who is experiencing this delay, with no explanation. Then can someone tell me who to contact to inquire?
Advertisements
Hi, I think it would of been a better response in different catagory. I am about week 9 waiting for mci consent. The delay is the director Bill something has left and now it seems to be causing a long delay. The first time around it was about 4 weeks that was before he left. Hopefully we will both hear something soon! Dont worry it's not just you waiting :confused: :mad:
We are at week 12, and nothing. There are no competing parties, and we had everything to our worker in record time, and she jumped right on it and got everything in to MCI. And here we sit. It's frustrating to us, but worse, the kids are questioning if we changed our minds. They are only 6 and 8 and don't understand. Months seem like years to little kids. I hope you hear something soon as well. Good luck. I will post something when we finally get word.
Hi, I am actually past 12 weeks and my adopton worker's supervisor e-mailed them to check the status. They responded back and said they reviewed it already and had a couple questions for the worker. So she gave him the workers number and they still havnt called her. That was Monday. I wonder how long they would of waited to even try to contact the worker with questions if they wouldnt of e-mailed them. Its crazy how all the adoptions in michigan have to be approved by ONE man.
I agree! We finally got consent on Friday, 3/6/15. On the same day my worker sent the adoption packet to the judge who terminated dad's rights, but she can't sign until 3/24/15, which is day 21 after the Court of Appeals upheld the lower court's TPR. Now we are afraid he is nutty enough to try to take it to the supreme court. I'm so ready to get off this train and have a normal family life. I hope you get your consent soon!
Advertisements
Congrats on your consent! I doubt dad will do that. He will have to pay for his own lawyer for Supreme court unlike the first appeal. Also, appeals automatically get reviewed the first time but the Supreme court can choose not to even look at it. Most parents dont go to Supreme Court. Good Luck! I hope MCI calls my worker this week. My STBAD daughter is 4years old, had her since 10 weeks old! And her sister is now 1 years old, had her straight from the hospital. I am soooo ready to be finalized!!!