Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there.
I'm 16, girl and wanting to be adopted. Before you stop reading, no I'm not an emotional teen who just had a fight with her parents and now wishes to have a new family. It's nothing like that.
I'm in a very special circumstance and Im having a lot of difficulties in many aspects of my life. Long story short: my country abandoned me, no dad, can't afford to finish high school, everything that can possibly gone wrong in my life has gone wrong and I NEED to be adopted. I live in the pacific islands. My Mum wants me to be adopted. No, she is not heartless, she loves me more than anything in this world and she just wants what's best for me.
I know it's ridiculous wanting to be adopted at 16 but I'm willing to give it a go. Do you know anyone/organisations that might be able to help me? Or might be interested in adopting?
Thank you.
xx
You should see if you can find the program called you. It is a high school exchange program that you can go to the USA and live with an american family for a year. You may be able to get people to sponser your trip, as it does cost a fair amount of money to begin with, but after that is mostly free.
Email me if you get signed up with the program.
Advertisements
You should see if you can find the program called yfu. It is a high school exchange program that you can go to the USA and live with an american family for a year. You may be able to get people to sponser your trip, as it does cost a fair amount of money to begin with, but after that is mostly free.
buddylovebabi
You should see if you can find the program called yfu. It is a high school exchange program that you can go to the USA and live with an american family for a year. You may be able to get people to sponser your trip, as it does cost a fair amount of money to begin with, but after that is mostly free.
Hi buddylovebabi, thanks for your suggestion, I have emailed YFU to check with them my eligibility for the programme. This programme seems like an option that could potentially work. Thanks again for the suggestion. x
waitinggirl
Hi buddylovebabi, thanks for your suggestion, I have emailed YFU to check with them my eligibility for the programme. This programme seems like an option that could potentially work. Thanks again for the suggestion. x
Let me know if you need sponsoring, and my mother and I are both exchange (host) families. And would be happy to have you :)
Advertisements
buddylovebabi
Send me an email
Hi buddylovebabi, sorry for the late reply. For some reason I couldn't send you an email. Anyway, after consulting with YFU, my mum and I had a discussion and we think that the exchange programme might not be the best option for me. But thank you so much for suggesting this and trying to help. Thank you :).
It's not ridiculous to want to be adopted at 16, but as I understand it, you would not qualify for A united states visa due to being over 16 at the time of the adoption . I wish you luck!!!