Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are planning to host this summer. We have mailed in our application to our hosting organization and the child we are hosting is on hold for us. Still have some paperwork and such to do before he's officially hosted. We are open to adoption if it feels right when we host him.
Now, I love doing research about hosting and adoption so I can prepare as much as possible. I joined a Facebook group about Ukrainian adoptions and am reading some posts, and I see a picture of familiar looking children. I realize the children are available for hosting from the same organization we are hosting our boy through. The picture that was shared came from an organization called "[URL="http://ukraineadopt.com/"]Adoption in Ukraine[/URL]". I clicked on the picture to explore more, because the adoption agency had said their names were different than what the hosting organization has listed on their website. A red flag goes up, because I remember reading somewhere that Ukraine does not have photo listings of available children. I start to wonder - is our boy on this adoption website? Sure enough, he is! And he is listed with two siblings. On our hosting website, he is listed as a single child and his brother is listed as a single child. Sister is not listed, but she's too young for hosting so that makes sense. But why are they listed separately and not as a sibling set through our hosting organization? And again, the names are different between this adoption agency and our hosting organization!
So now I'm just confused. I haven't yet contacted the hosting organization to inquire about this. I am wondering - am I getting duped by our hosting organization, or is this adoption agency duping others?
Does anyone have any advice, or any experience with this adoption agency and can attest to their legitimacy or lack thereof? Does anyone have any experience with Ukrainian Resource Center, our hosting organization?
Advertisements
If you are interested in hosting, see this site:
This is a wonderful non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping Ukrainian orphans. It is US-based. They have an amazing hosting program.
Thanks.
-Lana