Advertisements
Advertisements
Today a private investigator came to our home insisting she see our foster kids which will be up for adoption very soon. She lied at first and said she was the kids attorney, then she said she was their advocate, then she said she was here to see if they were receiving all of their benefits. We fortunately weren't home. Has this happened to anyone else?
fancyshmancy1999
Today a private investigator came to our home insisting she see our foster kids which will be up for adoption very soon. She lied at first and said she was the kids attorney, then she said she was their advocate, then she said she was here to see if they were receiving all of their benefits. We fortunately weren't home. Has this happened to anyone else?
You should have a social worker or case worker. I would call the office as soon as possible. Since she lied. I defiantly wouldn't let her see the kids. I would even call the cops, if she calls or bugs you anymore. The bio parent could have got someone to try to steal the kids. I wound trust her.
Advertisements
thanks for the quick response. I've been a nervous wreck all afternoon. The whole conversation made my husband and I completely leery of the situation. Since she isn't a county employee, we REALLY didn't trust her. She claimed to have a court order that she can access the kids whenever she wants but she wasn't adamant about it. She was very rude and was upset that we weren't home when she came by. So weird. Ugh. Monday can't come fast enough. =(
fancyshmancy1999
thanks for the quick response. I've been a nervous wreck all afternoon. The whole conversation made my husband and I completely leery of the situation. Since she isn't a county employee, we REALLY didn't trust her. She claimed to have a court order that she can access the kids whenever she wants but she wasn't adamant about it. She was very rude and was upset that we weren't home when she came by. So weird. Ugh. Monday can't come fast enough. =(
If she calls again tell her to meet the worker first and your not allowed to let anyone see the kids, with out the workers okay.
Under no circumstances would I let her in the house or let her see the kids. How do you know she is legitimately involved in the kids case in any way? It could be some whackjob just trying to get access to the kids for who knows what reason.
Under no circumstances should you allow this woman to enter your house or see your children, unless you get proof that she has a legitimate right, supported by law, to do so. For all you know, she could be a child abductor/trafficker, a robber, a mentally ill person with a history of violence, or, as someone has mentioned, a representative of a member of the biological family who is not permitted contact with the child, or a representative of the biological family seeking to scuttle the adoption.
Report the contact to your social worker/agency and to the police. If possible, provide the person's name. If she showed a P.I. license and someone wrote down the license number, produce it; she should not be licensed if she attempts to gain access to a home under false pretenses.
Sharon
Last update on August 23, 12:26 pm by Sharon Kaufman.
Advertisements