Advertisements
Advertisements
I submitted this comment to the "contact us" portion of the adoption.com website, but I'm not sure how quickly/often those submissions are reviewed. I'm hoping maybe a forum moderator might know more about this or be able to get it fixed if it's actually an issue (for others besides just me). I am pretty tech savvy, so I'm pretty sure I probably had my settings right---but maybe I didn't. :)
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that there appears to be an issue with email notifications working correctly when someone receives a PM on the adoption reunion page. I had created an account in Dec and I checked to be sure that I would "receive instant email" when someone sends me a PM. I was contacted in Jan and had no idea until April 14th (and that's only because the other person found an entirely different way to contact me). I checked my spam folders and also my settings and from what I can tell, I should have received an instant email back in Jan (unless that's a paid feature? If it is, it's really unclear). I usually wouldn't think twice about this, but finding birth families is already such a sensitive issue. I am thankful that the wife of our long-lost adopted sibling contacted me and not the adoptee himself--because I think it would be heartbreaking to finally "find" a lost relative and then never hear back only because the lost relative thought he'd get an email notification vs having to check the site every day. Thanks for considering this comment and thanks for all that you already do.
Advertisements