Advertisements
Advertisements
I have my REQUEST TO OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM ORIGINAL BIRTH RECORD
ADOPTEE HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTION 102075 form. I want to uncover my biological parent's names. I'm an adult adoptee now with kids and I'm very anxious to find out our medical history. I'd like to find my biological parents for other reasons, but I'm worried they didn't leave a CONSENT TO CONTACT on file with the post adoption agency. So anyways, this form for the courts states the below:
I request the court to order the Office of Vital Records, Department of Health Services to unseal the original birth certificate, on which the names of my birth parents are stated. This information is necessary in order to assist me in establishing a legal right as set forth in the attached declaration.
So my question is, how the heck do I write a declaration? Does it have to be through an attorney? I googled it, but didn't get any actual real answer.
Side note, I grew up my whole life thinking I'm Indian. After I got my non-identifying information just a couple weeks ago, come to find out I might actually be Fijian. Talk about a real mind f*** :grrr:
This is my first post, I just found out about this website. My nerves and anxiety are majorly on edge right now.
I'll suggest that you contact [url=http://calopen.org/index.shtml]California Open[/url], a group dedicated to opening California's sealed adoption records.
If they can't tell you exactly what you need, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.
Good luck -- and please come back to let us know whether or not the petition was successful!
Advertisements