Advertisements
Advertisements
There is little chance that the bios in my case will complete their case plan. I'm wondering at what point does the caseworker get serious about out of state relative options? Looking into them? Screening them? Actually sending the children off?
Is it much harder to find kinship placements for Sib groups? Easy? Does anyone out there know?
thisthing
There is little chance that the bios in my case will complete their case plan. I'm wondering at what point does the caseworker get serious about out of state relative options? Looking into them? Screening them? Actually sending the children off?
Is it much harder to find kinship placements for Sib groups? Easy? Does anyone out there know?
Do you know if your bio parents have given a list of family members out of state?
It depends on the case- as a worker I started an ICPC for a family member after a month because there was zero contact made by the biological parent. And because this particular family member had been raising two of the kids in her home a state a way and actually drove them to our state when told by our agency. That was a really unique situation...
Also doing an ICPC transfer takes a long time. Usually 6 months minimum. I don't think I have ever seen one take less time. It also depends on the family member. Just because your worker attempts a transfer doesn't mean it will be granted. If the relative isn't stable or can't pass standards for some reason.
Generally I have seen ICPC take place when parents are moving towards termination. Then they want to explore out of state relatives.
I would suggest looking at former forum posts about ICPC and looking it up online. It is a really involved process.
Good luck!
Advertisements
Our ICPC took 11 months. They knew it was going to TPR immediately due to previous cases and aggravated circumstances. They did not ask biomom (who was in jail at time) for family references until about 3 months into the case (we were involved 6 weeks into the case) when we were already involved and got licensed.
I doubt they'll look for relatives until they know it's TPR. They won't want to move the children as it will be hard to facilitate visitation if RU is possible.
We had a baby move to a relative out of state last year. Mom didn't have any interest in working her plan and asked for him to go to her sister. The icpc only took a little over a month! But we had to still wait a bit cause of a paternity test that hadn't come back yet, 3 months after it was taken...