Advertisements
Advertisements
So Tarzan and teeny-weeny are settling in ok.. and we are adjusting to having 4 kids. Then we hear that a great uncle/aunt petitioned for teeny-weeny...but not Tarzan.. WTH.... they want the baby but not the preschooler... ugh. I hope the court considers that and doesn't split them up. all 4 kids are close, but Tarzan is quick to tell you all about his baby sister. It would be so hard for him!
Are they paternal relatives of only the baby? I know many times multiple fathers are involved with siblings in foster care. At any rate, best of luck and I'm glad the kids are getting on well.
Advertisements
both children have the same mom and dad. This is their mom's uncle and aunt that have come into the picture. Apparently they don't want Tarzan because he is a boy and all they have at home are girls.
Not very much of an update, but a few things have happened. The Uncle/Aunt did petition for the baby and apparently they asked what they would need to do if they decided that they needed to take Tarzan too. (which is not fair to him, because he should never be an afterthought)
SW said mom stated that she wanted the kids to stay together with us and didn't want her uncle to get the kids. Hopefully she will say this to her lawyer as well.
The kids have a visit with them next week. I'm nervous, but I know this needs to happen. It's part of the process. Next month Tarzan's plan will change to adoption/relatives. I'm clueless as to what I need to do next, but I'm glad we've gotten this far. Both kids are every bit our kids. SW wants them to stay with us and even mentioned having a child psych evaluate Tarzan to prove how taking his baby sister from him would be a detrimental loss.
It's hard having 4 kids in our home, but I can't imagine not having them. So now, I guess we just ride the roller coaster and see what happens.