Advertisements
Advertisements
I got a call yesterday about a soon to be born baby. I'm struggling to decide. My last little has been gone about 6 weeks, and I both miss having a little and am really enjoying the alone time with my son. It's not definite I even can take a newborn; I'm trying to figure out logistics of childcare, including care until the baby is old enough for daycare, as well as some other details. Part of me really wants to say yes, and the other part dreads the roller coaster again. As I typed that, I realized I'm not dreading the idea of parenting another baby again (and newborn will definitely be easier than toddler, who left recently), more the CPS part of parenting. As a single mom, working full time, with a 4 year old, am I completely crazy to consider this?
Advertisements
Nah. not crazy!!! Just called to foster.
What does your son say? I am single too, and we just recently opened up for a baby. My 2 little guys are in favor, but they only ok'd a baby boy. Haha! I think they would be smitten by a baby girl, though.
For us, a newborn would be tough in the summer as my boys are water babies and want to be at our community lake every minute its open and I can't take a newborn out in the heat and humidity and sun. That's just us, though.
I thought I had posted, but apparently I'm still having the same problem of typing out a post, hitting submit, and it disappears.
I gave a conditional yes. I have a sitter lined up for the first 6 weeks, then baby will go to daycare. Condiotions were sitter being okay, visits working for us, and respite for our upcoming vacation (not possible to take a baby). The SW said okay, so we're just waiting. Baby is due this week.
Irelady, I laughed a bit at your post, because we must live in very different climates. We spend a ton of time at the lake in summer, and it works great for a newborn. Winter, though, I would never want a newborn, we'd never be able to go outside! My son is excited about the idea, so hopefully it all works out well.