Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all,
I'm Working to get placement of a sibling set in our agency. They want to place siblings together and I'm the only home with enough room. The Hang up right now is to see if they plan to transition home soon and it wouldn't be 'worth' placing them together. If it does go through, how can I make it easier for the foster parents? I Feel in a way that I'm stealing their bab(ies). One home has had two of them for over a year ( most of the younger one's life) and the other home has the baby sibling born after the others came into care. I Keep my son in contact with both of his former foster families as they are positive influences. Any advice for easing the potential transition? I Have done respite for all the kids. The 4 year old will sit in their car seat and hold the 2 year olds ' hand for a thirty minute car ride because the 2 year old was crying... These kids need to be together.
Advertisements
I don't know that you can make it easier for the foster parents. It is a risk you take being foster parents. Make sure they are aware that you would be more than happy for them to take all the children and keep them in contact at least through photos.
I Wish I could talk to them. I Was approached a few months ago, but I don't know if they have even mentioned it to current FF. I Have asked if there was any way either FF could take both, and have been told no, but all through a third person.