Advertisements
Advertisements
Its really hard to figure out where to post that anyone interested will see it, but here goes. We finally got approved in April. We were invited to attend the local foster parent picnic, even though we hadn't had any placements yet. We met families from our county, and a neighboring county (3 counties included in our "area") One family currently has a 8 mo old girl with them. We met baby girl, and enjoyed playing with her and carrying her around for a couple of hours. Hubby saw CW out around town, and she mentioned foster mom is wanting to plan a vacation soon, and we might be a good choice for respite for her while foster family is away. That would be a good first placement for us. I have hubby putting the baby bed together for us upstairs! Girlie is 8 mo old, but appears to be about 5-6 mo old in size and development. Hubby loves them babies!
anybody know if our "signatures" are being can be duplicated anywhere?
Advertisements
That sounds like a fun placement!
I just redid my signature. I don't think they carried over. Neither did our join dates.
The respite is planned for the last week of June. Since the planning of the respite though, we have had our first offical placement of our own. 2 yr old boy, and 10 yr old half sister. We have had them a week today. Not really sure of circumstances- other than knowing drugs of some kind are involved, and a certain amount of neglect. They came with only the clothes on their back, so we have had to do an insane amount of shopping for food, and clothes. Thieir sleep schedule was basically reversed from ours and we have been slowly trying to rectify that. Big sister is 10 and looks 14 or older. Little brother calls every adult female Momma, and every adult male Dad-so my 7 yr old is having jealousy problems with that, because this is our first go round. Little brother eats and eats and eats anytime food is put in front of them. He also has never worn shoes before-so he protests to having to wear them. I have been assigned a mentor who is coming tomorrow to help me look at the first months paperwork in advance, so we know how to do it correctly to turn in and get reimbursed. Thankfully I arranged for direct deposit early-I hope everything is order there. I can't believe its been a week already. The sleep thing has been the hardest aside from finally getting big sister to relinquish parenting of brother to the adults. I think she is releived to get to be a kid a little bit, but still has trouble if he cries for any length of time. Lots going on, so I'll keep posting when I can.