Advertisements
Advertisements
I don't know my birth name (since NY = sealed records), but my full name is Katherine Whitney. I was born on January 21, 1986 in Mount Vernon, NY (I assume at Mount Vernon hospital which is the only one I'm aware of) at 6:50 am. I was 7lbs, 20 inches. My adoption was finalized in April 1986 through Family Services of Westchester in White Plains, NY.
My birth mother was from Westchester County and was 18 years old when I was born. My maternal aunt is 4 years her junior. She's 4'10" and of Italian descent with brown hair and brown eyes. My maternal grandfather died in 1973 in an accident at the age of 33.
My birth father was 24, light brown hair and green eyes, 6'0" tall and is a twin. He and his twin brother were adopted by two different families due to the death of their parents in an accident. He was a carnival worker from out of town at the time and had completed high school.
My birth mother first met with a social worker at Family Services of Westchester on 10/18/85 with her grandmother (maternal) with whom she also lived.
I was discharged from the hospital on 1/24/86 and boarded with Family Services where the boarding mother supposedly called me "Molly". I first met my adoptive parents on 2/21/86 and went home with them on 3/4/86. My adoption was finalized in Westchester County Family Court on 1/27/87. My birth mother also left me a small gold cross.
I'm looking for any birth family members, but am particularly interested in meeting my birth mother.
Advertisements