Advertisements
Advertisements
Belle,
Wish I was there to help you with the move. It sounds like you're excited about the new shelter!
Enjoy having your boy in town :)
Advertisements
Thanks Spud!
Mostly what I'm excited about is having an office bigger than a closet with climate control (I freeze in the winter and cook in the summer) even though I lose windows and a beautiful view. I gain a bathroom (right now I share with all of the women in shelter. One bathroom for three families and two employees... not fun) and a view of the Missouri River. Of course I am also thrilled that I will get to have group for the whole community because I will be able to protect confidentiality and we are doubling the amount of families we can serve in shelter. We are also partnering with a program near us to provide a safe haven for victims of human trafficking. It will provide wrap around services for those folks. We will also have transitional housing for survivors who are waiting on housing in our communities. It is just going to be so amazing for our program and the program we are partnering with.
Belle, your job is amazing. I'm sure every day has it's heavy moments, but what an amazing thing to do with your time on this earth.
...and what a great thing that the new shelter will be able to provide a safe haven for more families. Love it!
Last update on July 23, 2:08 pm by Adoption Admin.
This is a healthy forum for an unhealthy time. I am thankful that I have three healthy children and a loving husband. I am thankful I have supportive and loving family and friends. I am thankful that all of our needs are fulfilled. I am thankful that every time I want to die from the pain of this reunion that I have the sense enough to realize all the things in my life I have to be thankful for and that I am happy to be alive:)
I'm thankful things have cooled off. It was really hot here.
I'm thankful for the rain we just got.
I'm thankful that my folks are coming down overnight next week while Kiddo is here.
I'm thankful that J mowed the lawn at home so I didn't have to.
Advertisements
I'm thankful for you Belle, I'm thinking of you today (as I have most of the week) but I am thankful for you. For your brilliant insight and willingness to expand my horizons and listen to me complain. LOL I'm thankful for you!
I'm thankful to many on here. I haven't been on in a LONG time but I've been busy and this forum hasn't been the easiest thing to navigate. But I wanted to pop in and say hi!
Thanks wrking. I don't know if I would have made it through the past week without having your shoulder. This has been one of the most challenging weeks in my life I think. It hardly seems like a week and a day since the whole thing started.
I'm thankful I got to spend a week with my son. I'm hopeful that there will be more before he turns 18, at this point though....