Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi guys.... I'm new to posting on forums, but I need help and support so I thought I would give this a try. I'm 28 years old, and I was adopted through a foster adoption at the age of 3. I still remember my birth mother, I grew up with so many haunting memories. My father was very abusive and I spent the first 3 years of my life in and out of hospitals, ICU, and then different foster homes. I now have extremely horrible abandoned issues, depression, almost no self esteem and terrible anxiety. After all these years and meeting my birth parents and siblings I'm still suffering so much from the past that I'm ruining my relationships. I feel so alone, misunderstood, and unlovable. I've been in therapy for 5 years and on medication. But nothing helps. I guess I joined this site to maybe try to chat, connect, and see if there is any other human being that feel this way, I have yet to meet anyone that has gone through what I have and truly can understand me. If there's anyone out there, who might have some advice, tips help for me please let me know. I've read countless books, and tried everything I can think of. Thanks.
Hi Cece Co and welcome...
I'm sorry you're hurting. I did not have your experience and I'm sorry you did, no child deserves to be treated like that.
The only resource I can think of that may be able to at least point you in the right direction would be the professional who writes this blog.
I do have a friend who did something similar if not emdr that helped her - her situation was different that what you've experienced, but it was trauma based. It's an interesting concept to explore and consider.
We are here to talk though, so if that will help - welcome.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Last update on June 19, 9:32 am by Dickons.
Attachments
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi Dickons,
I really appreciate your advice and kindness. I'm going to explore and take your suggestion. Like I said, I've gone through my whole life feeling misunderstood and alone, what I feel I need in my life is something like this, a community, with people that may have had similar issues, or at least similar feelings.
Again thank so so much! :)
Cece