Advertisements
Advertisements
Jessica,
I'm copying my reply below to your other post speaking to me. This forum can benefit from many different voices from all sectors in adoption - it has before, and will again once the forum is back to normal (it's gone through some challenging times lately) but people will come back, new people will join, give it time and then become part of current conversations...
X-Cross post of mine....
"Jessica,
The thread I commented to you on with a gentle note was one started by DMarie, who did not close the adoption, if anything, she's bent over backwards to make sure it stays open. Not all first mothers live lives without significant challenges, and those challenges can create chaos in having a healthy open adoption for the child. When you commented on the thread she started way back in 2012 seeking advice on how to get her husband to the place she already was AND to ensure the child's family of birth was not shut out in the process - she wrote it to get advice on how to accomplish both of those things. Since then, she has succeeded where many would have failed in both of her objectives in that post. She's a good person, and I know you don't know me from a hole in the ground, I am asking that you trust me on this. From the length of time I've been on this forum, the parents who are/were active members are all strong proponents of openness, sticking by your word, finding solutions, common ground. So strong in the belief in openness that some threads have gotten really heated trying to educate others who are as you note in your post. The long-time active members here aren't the ones who need to understand, they already get it.
I'm an adoptee by the way...
Kind regards,
Dickons"
Advertisements