Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born in Germany five years after the end of World War II and was adopted and brought to the States. My inner life was torturous, having an unidentified weight on my chest most of that time. It was not until I was 59 years old that I found peace, but it was a long road. Recently I documented my odyssey in the book, My Mother My Daughter: A Memoir, available on Amazon.com.
Nancy Verrier, a marriage and family therapist, international lecturer, and author of the controversial book The Primal Wound and the book Coming Home to self wrote about my memoir, "One of the most fascinating and insightful adoption stories I've read. The author captures the essence of the psychological and social issues in adoption in a most intriguing way. Not only are we led through her life's struggles and adventures, but we are treated to a wise woman, who speaks to her throughout her life. Although the author finds disappointment and frustrations as she pursues her journey to herself, her story provides proof that with courage, honesty, and tenacity there can be a happy ending to this lifelong odyssey. This book will appeal not only to everyone connected to adoption, but to those who enjoy an interesting adventure."
I hope this book will help you, as well. My journey was a long journey, but now, as I look back, it was well worth it. In mid-July the book will be on Kindle.
Marita Malone, Ph.D.