Advertisements
Advertisements
I really have to ask are CW suppose to listen to children when they say they don't wish to move to another Foster home? Are they suppose to seek out the reasons why? And make a judgement call even if against the keeping siblings together? I am asking because lil miss keeps approaching me over not wishing to live over there for many reasons main one is she doesn't like it, she is bored, her (Teenage) siblings ignore her.....We also have noticed lil man clings to dear life to us when the other folks try to pick them up so much he screams throwing fits and he is only 1.... I don't know if it will even make a difference if I told CW what lil miss is saying because they only see it as me wanting to keep them. Sure I want to keep them but I won't go against the system if they think it's best for them, yet in my heart I think it isn't but that is again just motherly instinct.
Advertisements
If they were older, yes. Put @ 5, most will not listen.
Hopefully FM and the older girls will see that keeping the family together could mean having them raised in two different homes but maintaining sibling bonds.
Being 'bored' wouldn't be a good reason to prevent the move. The baby crying wouldn't be a good reason either because babies stress out and cry and become clingy in these situations. Yes, it's because they are so confused and have no idea where Mommy is or why they were dropped off at a stranger's house. It's so common, though, that it's not considered a big deal. Social workers deal with kids crying and clinging all the time-when removing them from home, after visits, during transition visits. Nearly all foster parents of babies and toddlers (and even older kids) experience it.
I had a baby who said Mom's boyfriend hit him and it didn't stop transition visits. There were no marks so she didn't care.
It will take a lot to stop the transition- like the baby coming home with bruises or Lil Miss complaining of abuse that can be documented and observed. Otherwise, they'll just keep chugging along.
Unless the foster mom adopting changes her mind, it will most likely go through. I mean, she could change her mind. It's unlikely at this point -but there's always that possibility.
I wouldn't say anything about keeping the kids or staying in touch after you adopt. They'll take it the wrong way and assume you are interfering in their plan for the kids.
Last update on July 1, 11:52 am by Kat-L.
As a former CPS worker, yes...I listened to the children...but my job was not always about what the child wanted. The GAL/CASA is supposed to represent what the child wants...I had to represent what the law said as well as what was in the child's best interest (even if it was not what the child wanted). The older the child, the more voice they have...I've also had older children write the judge about their wishes.