Advertisements
Advertisements
An unexpected, unplanned pregnancy can be difficult for all involved. This article helps bring about a different sort of reaction to the surprising news. Have you tried any of these methods in your own experiences? What advice to you have for other parents?
Attachments
Advertisements
Well interestingly enough, most adoptions do not come from teen pregnancies. They come from older women, some married, many college educated, white, from middle class family. What does that say about lingering society pressures and adoption?
Are you referring to motherhood as something beautiful? Or adoption?
I guess I fail to see adoption as simply a beautiful thing. My adoption worked out well. I have great parents. I fail to see the beauty in losing my original family though.
I fail to see any sort of beauty in the fact that my son was coerced away from me. Motherhood would have beautiful for me. This messy, ugly open adoption, nope, not so beautiful.
I don't think it does anyone a service when we only see adoption as beautiful and don't acknowledge that there is a lot of pain inherent to the process for everyone. Nothing about it is easy. No 26 year old with a college education should lose her child to adoption like I did, mostly because of money and being in a bad situation and being taken advantage of by an agency that was out to make a buck. There is nothing beautiful about the fact that I now have secondary infertility and will never be a full time parent to a child.
Adoption can be a great thing and there are plenty of kids out there that need permanency. Talking about the domestic infant adoption industry as if it is only beautiful is a dangerous thing though. It can be beautiful when it works right, sadly, it doesn't too many times, because even one woman coerced is too many. I think that many would do well to consider that and acknowledge that when talking about beauty.
An unexpected, unplanned pregnancy can be difficult for all involved. This article helps bring about a different sort of reaction to the surprising news. Have you tried any of these methods in your own experiences? What advice to you have for other parents?
An unplanned pregnancy can be difficult in the beginning especially if you are young. Some parents can't accept the fact that their daughter is pregnant. But, it's all there and just count it as a blessing rather than a problem. Sooner or later everything will be easy. A positive thinking is very important in such situation.
Advertisements