Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm not new to foster care but this placement was differnt it went from being a foster child to my child. the placement was to last 4 months 6 tops. they left him with me almost 10. just a week away from 10. the social worker came to me and asked if i wanted to adopt, of course i did this was my little boy. and i love him so. then we get a new worker the first got married and moved away. all of a sudden they where adoption my baby out hes 29 months know. but i could not keep him they found a new family i call the perfects because thats all i hear is how perfect they are. they have a adopted daughter that is almost 3. the two kids are only 3 months apart, and when i ask why they where moving him all i got was will you are only a foster mom. no im more im his mom. i got to visit him yesterday. and he saw my friends stroller and he tried to get in and he keep saying home. broke my heart. i had to be tough and not cry in front of him.trust me i broke down when i got home.he was not the same little boy.. when he was with me he was a happy baby always smiling and laughing. the one i saw yesterday was withdrawn. the perfects only want him as a replacement for the child that they had hoped to adopt but was sent back to his birth mother. she had had her placement for 19 months. she doesn't even want him. any child would do. i don't understand how someone that has been throw this would do it to someone else. she has to know that my little love isn't happy and doesn't care. to her its all about the replacement and money. i heard her tell her husband ill be glad when the money comes in we are behind in bills. the social worker knows how i feel and don't care. they say you will be ok when you get another placement. nope not sure i even want to foster anymore. sorry about any misspelled words. just really heart broke. and cant spell worth a darn.
Advertisements
I am so sorry you are dealing with this pain, and I pray for your son to be happy and healthy and well cared for by his new parents. I know you know this already, but the time you spent with him mattered.
So I don't understand... are you not licensed to adopt? Is that what you mean by "just a foster mom"? Or was there some other reason you could not keep him? It doesn't make sense that they'd move a child after almost a year to another foster home if you were willing to adopt.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy when the children e love have to leave us. I hope that he adjusts to his new home and becomes a happy little boy again.
i am a cocurrent family. the worker just was hell bent on moving him. i told her that i wanted to adopt she just didn't care. and when i told them that i was taken time off and maybe closing my home i got this i hope you don't we need more people like you. im tired. going to take some time off and rest.
Advertisements