Advertisements
Advertisements
So when I say lot's I mean lot's...Transitioning is happening slowly but surely minus the mishap of Saturday where Lil miss gotten bitten on the face by the other FP dog >.< was not taken to an ER and was just dabbed on some antibiotic today pediatrician told me to take her to the clinic to get her some internal antibiotic as well for them to have it checked. One thing I am happy for that it was not their larger aggressive breed and only their smaller dog still not cool at all. never have our dogs been alone with the children never should they be unattended while handling a dog....On other news was asked if I could take on Ballerina's brother who is 4 yrs older than her at least until they get TPRed and he gets transition to paternal grandma. Ballerina will be adopted by us if no one comes forward that is able to adopt her so far no one in her side of the family is capable of having her. And here we thought their parents were doing better than they are but I guess not, we were asked to appear on the next court date that is schedule for TPR =:o .....We are in the middle of moving to a bigger place so my house looks like a tornado hit it....and we are also planning a trip in October since we are still wanting to adopt from PR just now with all this new info both DH and I have to sit down and talk it out.
Has anyone been here or at least almost here I know each case is different but I am utterly confused and I really think its more overwhelmed, we don't believe in respite and if we do need a break we have inlaws that help but I need to know if it's ok to feel this overwhelm I know I only know myself and I am the type that I will take on take on and forget I am taking too much sometimes.
You absolutely have a right to feel overwhelmed.
My advice would be to arrange it so that you can take a breather and hopefully gain some perspective.
Foster care is a roller coaster ride. It will continue to be a roller coaster ride until the child either leaves your home or you finalize their adoption. Maybe if this is your expectation, it will be easier to handle the ups and downs.
FWIW, I think the dog bite and it not being treated is a pretty big deal. When you foster, you need to address every medical issue that comes up. I continually tell my doctors, "If this were my own child, I would wait a day or two before bringing him to you, but this is not my child." If a foster child was bitten by a dog, he should have been brought to either a doctor or ER immediately (IMHO). This goes for any child. The fact that she is a foster kid and it wasn't immediately addressed is pretty concerning.
Hang in there. Having faith in God goes a long way when you are fostering.
Advertisements
I agree with previous poster, and will add that at this point, you're likely to get tons of conflicting information. In all four of the cases we've had, whatever one case worker would tell us, another would say the complete opposite the next day. Or we'd go to court expecting one thing, and the judge would order something completely different.
I guess what I'm saying is, don't let anything stress you out too much, but prepare yourself for any eventuality. Court is the best place to find out what exactly is going on. You definitely have a lot of stuff going on, but hopefully everything will resolve smoothly. Best of luck, and the forum is always here for venting. :)
Yeah it's been a rollercoaster...Today for example they begin the two overnights and when DH went to take them lil man clung so hard to my DH and even faked sleep as if begin him not to let him go, when DH successfully removed lil man from the death grip he had and placed him in other Foster dad's arms he began to scream and cry calling daddy...this is heart drenching to both me and DH lil man has known us since day 3 of his birth he is 16 months old.....you know how bad it is that yesterday morning he checked to make sure it was me near his crib before he got up and yelled mommy that hurts he is so afraid he rather lay in the crib than ask for attention because he wants nothing to do with them.
Out of curiosity, where is Ballerina's older brother currently placed? Is he being disrupted? Is paternal grandparent out of state?
Out of curiosity, where is Ballerina's older brother currently placed? Is he being disrupted? Is paternal grandparent out of state?
He is placed elsewhere and yes GAL wants a disrupt and transferred to us, I am not sure where paternal grandparent is I don't understand why he is not staying there until TPR happens since it's only 2 months away. We will know more tomorrow after team meeting happens but the GAL made it clear he wishes the child to be placed with us, shocking bio mom agrees with them she wants him with us too we think it has to do with how he looks before a visit the many times we have seen him he has been dirty and raggedy as opposed to Ballerina she is always well dressed and clean.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements