Advertisements
Advertisements
We have been in transitional visits with a sibling group since June. Tpr hearing was June 30th. Well it was continued to middle of July, we don't know why, so move in has been postponed. Kids were told by social worker they`d be moving in now but now she has to tell them they will have to wait =( Their mom has never been to visit in the 9 months they've been in care. They have weekly visits with a grandma who only wanted to keep one and social worker says she is unstable and violent. Mom showed up at county a week before tpr requesting visits after grandma was told they were moving into adoptive home. Any chance she will get visits? Tpr not happen? I mean I'm all for moms getting it together and getting kids back. We are new to this. Any thoughts and advice on how tpr hearing will go?
Last update on July 6, 10:33 pm by manyxblessed.
Advertisements
Every county (or even every judge) is really different, so it's hard to be definitive on how something like this would go. I would assume, just to be on the safe side, that mom will get visits. Solely based on what you wrote, it seems like the only reason she's showing up is because grandma warned her that the kids were likely to be adopted. If that's the case, it's not likely that she'll stick it out til the end (not impossible, though!). Unfortunately, if she doesn't stick with it, it may do more harm for the kids and may cause behaviors that weren't there previously (depending on their ages and how well the kids actually know her). Based on my own experience with situations like this, I would say that it will probably delay the case for awhile, but that the end result of adoption would be the same.
Stay strong, and hopefully the kids won't have too much upheaval.
As stated every judge is different. In our cases after 6 months no contact judge ordered abandonment. This is where having a good Gaurdian Adlitem and a good Attorney for the child comes in. If mom has had no visits in 6 months and has had no contact they can file TPR on abandonment. Judges in our area tend to think children can't just be put up on shelves and taken back down when it's convenient for the parents. Unfortunately not every judge feels this way!! Good luck I hope they really do what is in the best interest for the children.
Advertisements