Advertisements
Advertisements
They have people that are called search angels that don't charge. And our meetings are free, with the people that attend they maybe able to help guide you through searching. Volunteers of America can be another resource you can use. Kevin
Advertisements
Calvin,
I emailed your address to Linda she will add you to our group mailing list. I saw you joined VOA_Adoptees_Birthparents. Joyce can help you too she is a great lady.
Kevin
I was adopted thru VOA also - i was born 2/15/66 in New Orleans and all i have is the nonidentifying info, and i am beginning to have doubts about how accurate the info is - i have heard differing accounts about which hospital i was born at. It is all very frustrating !!!!! I am so gold to have found this site with other VOA adoptees also. I am searching for ANY birth relatives, i dont care who it is i just want health info. and to see if i have any siblings out there, since i was raised as an only child. I will check out the Yahoo web site. Good luck to all in their searches !!!
Hello.
I am Curtis Anderson from Hammond,La I am the one who posted boyd adams on forums adoption. I read what you wrote and found it very similiar at heart to my story and I`m searching for any help and information o n how to locate my birth mother and or sisters. prehaps you can help me I hope so. I don`t know how to gain any more information Ive tried by joinging the registry but no luck. I was born April 08,1965 in Baptist hospital in New Orleans and placed for adoption with the Volunteeers of America in New Orleans, I do know that my birth mother named me Boyd Adams but thats all I know.any help would be appreciated.you may email at andintl1@yahoo.com
Sincerely Curtis Anderson. Hammond,La
hi everyone i am searching for my birthmom and dad i was born 1-23-69 in new orleans and i was adopted by voa. i have my non id information it stated that my birth mom was 23 years old at time of my birth and that birthdad was 43 years old they both worked at an parts store as manager and asst.manager they went to barbeque and he asked to take her home and that is when they had sex. and concived me and this was the first time that my mom had ever had sex. and the birthfather was a married man at the time with three children. she (birthmom) was 5'2 120 pounds bright red hair and blue eyes and was of babtist faith. she loved to sing and play drums. not much information on the birthfather other then he was married and went back to his wife. he was dark with blue eyes and black hair and was 43 at the time of my birth. please help if u have any information to help me in this search. dont seem like i will ever find them before its to late. thanks todd
Advertisements
if i were you i would go to new orleans and check with the city directory to see what parts stores were located there in 1969 and start asking questions. you can find them that way.
VOA law firms? Is there a common law firm associated with the New Orleans VOA? Please send me an e-mail if you were adopted fromt eh New Orleans VOA and know the name of your law firm!
britlandco@yahoo.com
I sent you a message Veronique! Are you still out there?
Birthdaughter ISO Birthmom.
Born in New Orleans, La.
DOB 08/03/1967
Baby Girl
Southern Baptist Hospital
Volunteers of Amercia
VOA
Above is some search terms to make it easier to find. I am trying to help someone find their birthmom or birthfamily. She has more non id info but that is what we would like to use to confirm a match. she has great intentions to just know her birth family. If any of this sounds like your daughter, please message me. Oh and if you could include in your message the name you gave her at birth. If you do not recall please still msg me. I am hoping for a happy reunion for her.
thanks in advance,
mimi
Archive
Originally Posted By Nancy
Looking for daughter born 12/20/69 through Volunteers of America in New Orleans
Its possible that I have a sister that was given up for adoption the same way?
maybe this was her too,
[url=http://my.adoption.com/Nancy%20Adams]Adoption.com Forums - MyPage: Nancy Adams[/url]
Nancy if your still out there,I`d like to hear from you.if your my mother I love you very much and seek to reunite
Advertisements
[QUOTE=Archive]Originally Posted By Nancy
Looking for daughter born 12/20/69 through Volunteers of America in New Orleans
My birth mom was in the VOA in New Orleans from Dec 1969 til my birth in March 10,1970, according to my non-identifying info. She was from Florida, 26 yrs old any possibility you remember someone that might fit that????
Best of luck to you in your search!
Beth
Hi everyone,
I am in search of my sister born January 6, 1970 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Adopted through VOA.
Any suggestions?
I have just recently registered with LA DSS and ISRR.
Thanks
xstandclimbfall
was anyone in the voa home on st charles from january to june in 1986? :)
Maggie, I see you found your birth-father and was wondering if he was able to give you more identifying information about your birthmom. If you have her name or any other information, I'd be glad to search and see what I can find. Best wishes on your journey.
-Mimi
Advertisements
Birthdaughter ISO Birthmom.
Born in New Orleans, La.
DOB 08/03/1967
Baby Girl
Southern Baptist Hospital
Volunteers of Amercia
VOA
Above is some search terms to make it easier to find. I am trying to help someone find their birthmom or birthfamily. She has more non id info but that is what we would like to use to confirm a match. she has great intentions to just know her birth family. If any of this sounds like your daughter, please message me. Oh and if you could include in your message the name you gave her at birth. If you do not recall please still msg me. I am hoping for a happy reunion for her.
thanks in advance,
mimi
Mimi, Are you still around? This lady was born two weeks after me same hospital. Curious if you guys are still in contact. Wonder if she found her mom, mine is deceased, but wonder if our moms crossed paths at a voa home.
akloux33@gmail.com