Advertisements
Advertisements
Today we were out shopping for clothes for rocket girl...as we entered the store she paused while passing to say hi to a friend of her Mom's...it was, Hi- how ya doing-you've grown so much-tell your mom I said hi-we went on. Much later (these people were exiting when we entered) I see this same woman pretending to look at a toy display where brother was parked next to-and she is taking pictures on her phone of bouncy boy! NOthing in her cart! How long had she been at this?! Did she video too? I called her out- I said I would appreciate it if you don't take any more pictures-if you know these kids, then you know their privacy needs to be protected. Rocket girl was in a fitting room-I was standing there talking to another set of foster parents who just happened to be there at the same time. The gal said-I didn't know I was taking pictures-other foster mom spoke up by saying-well you were. Then she added -maybe you should have turned off your shutter sound first....I laughed-she walked away.... I immediately txted both RC and kids worker. they didn't have much of a response-other than-you'll have that sometimes. Anybody ever have this? How did you respond? Did you get any backlash from parents later? I mean-I didn't know what kind of friend this lady is to their Mom?! Maybe she was sending mom pics-maybe she was gonna slam her on social media for her kids being removed! IDK Either way-she wasn't being very respectful to the situation.
We have met Mom-she has seen our name on paperwork...she is a flake, but I don't think violent. I think they have peeked in our windows recently-my dogs were going nuts one night-had wet footprints going across our patio... We are easy to find in this digital age in a small town. I do worry about bouncy boy's dad who is in jail right now (idk how long) I don't want somebody talking trash about mom with photos obtained by stalking around on me and the kids. its a little unsettling to catch someone you don't know taking pictures of you. I haven't had it happen again (that I've noticed) we did have a lady come up to us in Walmart the other day saying bouncy boy looked just like her nephew who just turned two in May-we just said "really wow! he was two in April" They walked away and just continued to smile every time we passed. I guess we have to get used to being overprotective in a vague kind of way to avoid conflict.
Advertisements
Four years later and I am still suspicious of vehicles going slow past our house. They may be looking at street signs, or they could be birth family doing a 'drive by' to check on them. Not sure I will ever relax in this area, unless we move that is.
We had to move to another town. The bio mom knew where we were living and she threatened to come get her son. She has mental health issues and is volatile. We moved without even selling our house, just packed everything and left.
Over the 7 years of fostering we have run into family members in public many times. Some times it is OK and they are glad the kids are being cared for, other times it is tense. One grandmother even asked me if I would adopt her grand kids.
1 Liked
 likes this.