Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone have experience with Mediation at the *beginning* of a case? The child had been removed once previously and placed in guardianship of the grandfather, then removed a second time several years later. Now the bio Dad has a mediation scheduled which I don't understand since the child was not in his legal custody. I thought mediation was more for like the end of the case, like if it's moving to TPR?
BTW the GAL and therapist are both recommending TPR but we have a new chipper CW who is still looking to reunify. Has anyone experienced that dynamic?
Also, on a slightly different note, why would DCF and the police involved at the time of removal not arrest the parents for child abuse when the child was living in deplorable disgusting conditions and had not eaten in several days? Are there some kind of guidelines as to which cases to prosecute and which not to? I mean I've seen cases on the news that were not as severe and the parents went to jail!
Any info or experiences you guys are willing to share would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements
Even with RU to BM, he can give up his rights.
Mediation is needed prior to BP terminating his rights. He may be willing to do this now. (J's BD signed off months prior to the TPR court date). If he's the biological parent - regardless of custody - he needs to relinquish those rights prior to adoption.
Police will arrest parents if there is a crime being committed (if they see drugs or weapons). They should have been arrested if the kids had no food but I think they leave it to DSS/DCF to work out.