Advertisements
Advertisements
I have to admit I been back and forth with how I feel....deep inside I know they will always be my first foster kids but I will miss them greatly. How do you guys not get attached? The pain is there deep in my heart, pain that I know will never end because I love too deeply and I care for them to stop loving them. But I know deep deep inside they might just be ok and that their fate now is better than I could hope for because they will be in a home where they are provided for and can thrive. If not with us with the new foster family they are with, it would be better than going back to bio mom and being on the street and possibly get hurt do to biomom inability to get off drugs....I know everything happens for a reason and right now I might not see the reason but someday I will all I can do now is pray for them to live the life they deserve one we could have given them but it wasn't meant to be for us....
Honestly this hasn't deterred me from continuing our job as foster parents in fact we want to continue even after we adopt Ballerina, Princess, Gem, and Mouse. I guess this is our calling ;)
Advertisements
You have my sympathies for your loss. I am glad that you have come to a place of peace with the move, though it was a hard fought battle. I hope you are able to get updates on the kids.
Somehow, I think that you are probably bonding well with the new sibling set. ;) Your heart may be a little broken, but it still works just fine. Best of luck with the future of both Ballerina's and the siblings cases.