Advertisements
Advertisements
We finalized Little Bear's adoption in July! Our beautiful foster son for a year and a half, he is now our son legally as well as in our hearts. He was our first placement and only originally supposed to stay for a couple of weeks. Our hearts are overflowing with our love for him, and our other children adore him.
We're taking a break, then considering fostering his birth sibling when born if the baby comes into care (very likely). That could be as soon as two weeks from now. I would very much appreciate your prayers.
Advertisements
Congratulations! It happened fast for you! Our Beanie is over 2 and we are still waiting for the final court date.
Kat
Thanks! I couldn't log in before the site updates, and now that it isn't as active, I haven't been stopping by daily like before. His birthmother relinquished last year when she found out they were going to TPR, and they TPRed on the "unknown father" (quotes because they know full well who it is, but they couldn't get him to take a paternity test) in the spring. We've just been in paperwork limbo since then.
Given that his birthmom was only supposed to have 90 days max to get it straight or lose her rights, a year and a half seems like...well, government time. But he's snuggling next to me now while I work, so it's worth every sleepless night.