Advertisements
Advertisements
My first sibling set that came in late May may get approved to move to their grandmothers. I find this strange because the night they came to me, I was told that this same grandmother had them in her care, and let the Mom take off with them for 3 days before even reporting they were gone. Why would they let her take them a second time? Leaves me confused. I feel like they will eventually go home anyway? I just don't understand this step backward. The move may come only a few weeks after we get Rocket girl started at school
This happened in my DD's case. Her GM had custody, but overwhelmed with 2 kids (and and alcoholic son) and gave DD "back" to BM. She didn't really understand that she didn't have the right to do this. DCYF got another report on BM, picked J back up, and - after one day in FC, she ended up with GM
In our case (and i suspect a lot of cases), this was an education issue. Once My aunt (my DD's GM) understood the implications, J's BM never had unsupervised access again
My guess - the CW feels the initial infraction was dealt with
Advertisements
Got the call yesterday afternoon that grandma has been okayed to take the kids back. Rocket girl has been in school for one full week tomorrow. I wish them the best, but think they will be back at our house again someday.
The workers don't always give the full story, either. I had one child who I was told couldn't go to family because of something the family had done. It turned out that the story was skewed, and the judge ordered the child to that family member. It's possible that the GM really did let them take off, but it's also possible that there is more to the story than that, either something needed to be investigated to make sure or something else is going on that you don't know about.
2 Liked
and  like this.
Our first sibling set went back to grandma one week into the school year. We have only had one request for respite since that was on mine and my daughters shared birthday-we declined. We havent had any calls since. Learned that the kids Mom was arrested on about 5 different counts last week. The kids are ok as long as grandma doesnt get overwhelmed and let her take off with them again. She had to boot out another son who has been in and out of jail in order for the kids to be able to go back to her. Wondering how long it will be before we get another call. I'm focusing on myself a little-subbing about 3 days a week-and have started with a personal trainer. Wrangling 2 yr olds is hard on an out of shape bod! Just rambling thoughts out loud in case anyone is interested. Its hard to follow people anymore. Anyone out there shoot me an update on what all is going on.
Had to run an errand to get baby tylenol last night after the kids went to bed. Pulled in beside a car at local grocery to look over and notice that it was my last set of foster kids-AND THEIR MOTHER with the rocket girls dad too...some guy on a scooter was parked behind their car they were talking...all of a sudden she starts cussing and doing full on roundhouse kicks at this guy-then starts kicking his scooter. the kids recognize us, so does the dad...I try to play like I don't see them, and start texting my foster care mentor asking what to do. she said take a picture, but don't confront them...
we were 2 spaces away from them-taking a picture would have caused a confrontation-she had to be higher than a kite. to be doing the karate kicks like that. I ultimately texted my RC worker who said she would inform moms worker...
I hate not knowing what the heck is going on, and if the kids are ok. We have a full house now-unless we re-arrange beds and get a special allowance, I don't think we could bring them back here, even if they are removed again.
Advertisements