Advertisements
Advertisements
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Molly Marcus. I am a doctoral candidate in Clinical Psychology at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, PA. I am conducting a study examining the experiences of Hispanic/Latino Transracial Adoptees adopted by Caucasian families.
I am looking for transracial adoptees that fit all of the following descriptors to share their experiences by participating in an interview:
•24 to 30 years old
•Hispanic/Latino defined as “A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.”
•Adopted by Caucasian parents by the age of 2 and in a closed adoption
The interview will take approximately 1-1.5 hours to complete. The interview will be audio recorded and transcribed. To ensure confidentiality, all transcriptions and materials will be stored in a locked cabinet accessible only to the researcher. Identifying information will be kept separate from interview materials and fictitious names will be used to protect the identity of all participants.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in participating in this study, please contact me at MarcusM@chc.edu or (215)821-8022. If you know of other individuals who may fit this criteria, please forward this letter to them.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Molly Marcus
I adopted a baby girl from Peru in 1990. I am a single white mother and would be interested in your research. My daughter is now 25 years old and a new mother. I am a very proud grandmother. She did come across racial barriers due to the fact that I am white and she is an Inca Indian. You can contact me at 602-430-4088 if your interested in hearing our story.
Advertisements