Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I have been working through the county of riverside in adopting......we were matched with a 2 year old little boy and Mom is preg. again .....she is using drugs so they know they will be taking that baby as well....problem is not with mom......however is with the foster mom....she has had this little boy for 13 months......she was given the chance to adopt him not once but twice.....she started the process and then she had them stop the process....this has happened twice with the same little boy.....now foster mom has stoped all visitation between us will not allow us to visit him even though it was ordered......what are the chances if we continue with this process that we will get him?
it sounds like the foster mom is struggling. Many foster families sign up to foster only.. but then fall in love with the kid. it becomes a struggle between the head and the heart. You might find empathy will take you a long way here.
Not sure what you mean about not letting you see the child even though its court ordered. how did you get a court order? what are the details of the order? Is it scheduled visit/location? Or are you trying to drop in? Or trying to schedule individual visits and times aren't convenient?
You can escalate to case worker if the foster parent isn't doing what she should. but this should really be your last resort. If there's any way you can befriend the foster parents, you will get further than brute force. I understand that it can be hard to put up with some people, but consider it excellent training for being a parent <3
good luck
Advertisements