Advertisements
Advertisements
My CW called me on friday and stated that i was going to be placed on the emergency lists which means i would be called after hours and weekends!!!!! Has anyone experienced one of these calls and what was it like, just curious.
Advertisements
We don't get those calls because here to be placed on the emergency call list you need to have a stay at home parent and you are required to take the child at least for 1 night while they find a permanent placement. I do have several friends on the list though and one lady ended up with 7 kids over a weekend once... little crazy!
I work for a foster/adoption agency in the Bay Area, California. I am not an emergency placement family. We applied to be a foster to adopt family. But as luck (or God) would have it, as soon as we got our license, we immediately were called and received 3 emergency placements within the first 3 weeks (sibling group). They've turned into a long term placement...and if things keep going the way they've been going, I see no reason why the rights of the parents wont be terminated within the next few months. Two of the children are under 3 years old and there are strict laws about the timeline involved. The parents are out doing drugs, partying...not working their plan...dont show up to visits, dont ever call. Two of the children already had birthdays this year and the parents haven't bothered to acknowledge the bdays or buy a present or anything. The mom just got out of county jail a week ago (was held for 30 days) and she goes back to court Nov 3rd for sentencing (she needs to serve more jail time, complete a drug treatment program, etc) The mom hasn't even started her plan and its been over 8 months...she doesn't have much time left! My county worker made it clear that she is going to write her report to reflect she wants the children to permanently stay with my family.
I know a family at my agency that ONLY does emergency placements...they go through 100-200 kids a year!! No joke!!! They have kids less than 7 days most of the time.