Advertisements
Advertisements
So me, dh and ballerina are vacationing down in the tropics for 15 days and cw calls me to let me know bioparents called and began saying no way are you adopting my kids out....seriously Mia for 7 months and now you think you can demand? I asked the cw so what does that mean for us she said that nothing much because plan changed to adoption it's been over a year it just means that instead of signing consent tpr will have to be involuntary. She said because it's been a year and the plan changed the court will not help them get services.... So I need a btdt to know what we will expect. Thanks
Advertisements
Hope you are enjoying your time away! I agree with the CW. I know it's easier said than done, but don't let worry cloud your good time. It's likely that the bio parents haven't talked to their lawyers yet. They may feel differently when their own representation sits them down and explains the ramifications of an involuntary TPR. I think at worst you might be looking at a delay in the timeline to adoption, which could happen anyway. Court gets continued all the time for all kinds of reasons.
As for services, if they are low-income, chances are the bios qualify for whatever the state would have provided anyway. They have to want to go to therapy, show up for job training, enter rehab, etc. If they haven't done anything before, they probably aren't about to start now. So don't sweat. Unless the CW calls you up to say MIA parents have housing, jobs, and have stayed clean and out of trouble, it's not going to stop a TPR going forward.