Advertisements
Advertisements
What is the process like? I spoke with the worker of a child I am interested in. She said to submit my home study when I was approved. A month later I was approved and submitted it and then heard nothing. Do you follow up? How do you know if they are even considering you for the child?
adopting from foster care can be a lengthy process- or it can be relatively quick. Honestly it depends on the child and their needs. If it is a young child with no health issues or mental health diagnoses it will most likely take longer because there may be multiple families submitting homestudies. Older children- over the age of 5 and sibling groups are sometimes considered harder to place and so if a family is interested in them it may go relatively quickly. Be aware that some CW have their own agenda- they can be picky when it comes to families for a child that they feel a bond with, and some CW don't like to place children with families of a different race.
It is not uncommon to not hear anything once you have submitted a homestudy for a child. You could ask your AW to check on the status of the child for you-- that may or may not give you an idea of where to go from here.
Advertisements