Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm looking for stroller suggestions.
We are being certified birth to 5.
Open to two placements if siblings.
We own a Prius, so size matters some.
I will be the primary person taking kids around and I have some concerns with health issues about not being able to get a very heavy stroller in and out of the car alone, so weight is under consideration as well.
I keep debating all the pros and cons since we don't know if we'll ever need a double stroller, but we really don't have space to store different options.
We're currently looking at the Baby Jogger City Select.
I was going to suggest a single jogger stroller.......
But I currently drive a LEAF, which is essentially the same size as a Prius--and I fit my double jogger in there all the time!!!! I just remove one of the wheels (easy snap on and snap off). It is the difference... try it out, you just might be able to do it.
Advertisements
Best bet go to Babies R Us they will let you bring the strollers out to your car and see if they fit. That is how we picked out our double stroller. (although I bought it at Walmart (about 50 cheaper) after trying it at Babies R Us)
Friends of mine have a Phil and Ted's double stroller, which might be a great option in your situation. It looks like a single jogging stroller, but it has another seat that folds out behind for a second child, and folds up if you only need one. I Didn't go with this option, because I wanted a side by side so both kids could see out, but I also already had a single jogger, so I wasn't concerned with being able to use it both ways. I Did borrow hers when we visited them, and I really liked it. It was pretty light, very easy to steer, and my son found it comfortable.
The only drawback is price. However, less expensive strollers are usually heavier. I ended up getting a Mountain Buggy double, and its lighter than my (less expensive) single jogger. I kept an eye out on craigslist and other sites for something second hand. I had a few ideas of ones I liked (Bob, Mountain Buggy, Phil and Ted's), and went with the one I found. I lI've my mountain buggy and would recommend it, but I doubt it would fit in a Prius.
I love my Joovy sit to stand. I have the triple but a double sit to stand would probably work for you it folds very small.
I also have a triple jogging stroller and a double jogging stroller or the problem with both of those is even the double jogging stroller will not fit through the doors at stores because it's so wide a tandem stroller front to back it seems to work better . Leave the jogging stroller for outdoor spaces and jogging :)
Advertisements