Advertisements
Advertisements
We have been fostering for 7 years but our goal was to adopt a sibling group. Over the summer we did respite for a sibling group of 3 boys who are available for adoption. The caseworker made a point of saying that the boys are looking for their forever home. We have worked with this caseworker several times when she was a placement worker. I asked the caseworker why their current family doesn't want to adopt them. The foster family does want to adopt but the boys don't want to be adopted into that family. After doing respite for the boys several times the caseworker called and asked if we wanted to be included in the matching meeting that was taking place that day. We said yes.
But....I feel like a child thief. I am actually trying to take kids from another family. The foster family must hate us. We went through this once before when we had 2 kids of a 4 sibling group. The siblings had never lived together and came into foster care at different times We and the other family wanted all 4 kids. The mom in the other family was a stay at home mom. We fought hard to be allowed to at least keep the 2 we had but lost. The judge actually said that one of the reason he chose the other family was because he didn't like the kids being in daycare.
Now it is the other way around. I work full time but the other foster mom doesn't, yet the agency/caseworker wants the kids with us. Have any of you been in this situation?