Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a question. Has anyone who may be able to become pregnant with their own biological child, and had no other children, decided to go with adoption instead? If so, why?
Our plan was always adoption due to a genetic issue I would prefer not to pass to my children. Also because there are so many kids in need of homes and neither one of us felt the overwhelming need to bioloogically procreate.
Advertisements
Kind of sort of...
My DH and I have been trying to have kids for several years and it just hasn't happened. We got sick of trying and waiting and had always talked about adopting anyway so we just decided to go for it. We still haven't pursued any fertility testing, treatment, etc. We do still want to continue to try for biological children as well but we are starting our family through adoption.
I'm single, so when I wanted to be a parent I needed to look at different options. I adopted without trying to become pregnant. I met a few others at the time and since who adopted without trying for bio kids or who did both. There are others around, even if not the majority.