Advertisements
Advertisements
It feels like I've been waiting forever, between waiting for husband to finish school, waiting to move, and then waiting for us to settle into our new house, but we've finally begun the foster parent licensing process!
I don't really have any questions, but I plan on posting here once we have placements (probably sometime in the summer). We're starting our training classes right after the holidays, if that gives you any idea of where we are in the process. We'll start with respite care and emergency placements only, but then move on to either short term or long term fostering, whatever is most needed. We're mostly hoping for school-aged kids, so hopefully we'll receive a placement soon after getting licensed.
Is there another forum I should be posting in? I was a frequent lurker back in the day, when this forum seemed more active. I know it's gone through some changes, but I hope some of you guys are still around. I look forward to being able to offer advice or BTDT once I know what I'm doing!
Advertisements
Thanks! I'll check out that site, too, since this one just isn't what it used to be. But you guys are all so kind, so I like to check in here every once in a while.
My husband and I completed the classes this year and received our certification in July. Still no placement. We've had a lot of possibles". Hope everything works out for you!
Oh wow, Danny Lee, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you guys get placements soon!
I'm hoping that since we live in a pretty big city, we might not have to wait too long -- if there are as many kids as they say who need homes. But there's no guarantee. We could wait a while, too.