Advertisements
Advertisements
We are trying to foster through an agency. We have finished all our classes, paperwork, and passed our homestudy. We are cleared through our agency and now just waiting for the county clearance. How long did it everyone to be cleared? And what county did you use? We are in riverside county.
We are in Riverside as well and were approved September 2015. We have had two matches. One child went to foster and then to their grandparents before we even could answer yes or no to more info. The second child we turned down after getting a little more information. Hang in there, it takes time but when your child is ready you will know. How long have you been approved?
Orientation:Jan 23 2015
Submit State Application: Jan 30
Physical & TB Testing: Jan 31
Submit County Application: Feb 2
Live Scan for County – California: Feb 11
CPR & First Aid: Feb 14
County Interview: Mar 11
Live Scan for State: Mar 11
Submit Home Study Paperwork Part 1: Mar 16
Classes: April 11 – May 9
Live Scan Paperwork for State – Nevada: May 13
Class Exit Interview & Home Study Paperwork part 2: June 10
State Home inspection: Aug 3
Approved State: Aug 3
Home Study Inspection visit #1: Aug 31
Home Study Inspection Visit #2: Sep 11
Approved County: Sep 30
First Match: Nov 23
Second Match: Dec 25
Advertisements
Any luck Tonia? Have you had your home inspections yet?
We just had our 3rd home inspection and passed though our social/case worker told us that we may not get renewed due to a three year limit - BUT get this - none of the other SB workers we have spoken with have heard of this!
We are at the very beginning of the process in Riverside County. I am looking forward to hearing updates from everyone else and how the process is going for them.
Advertisements
I am assuming that you are in ' Riverside County ' in State of California?
California has Privitized it's Foster Care System as of 2016.
My Aunt Manages the Program for Riverside County, but the process is still very slow??
I am assuming that you mean Riverside County in State of California??
State of California Privitized ' Foster Care ' and ' Foster To Adopt ' back in January of 2016.
My Aunt Manages the Program for Riverside County, but the process is still ' slow as a Turtle '...
Best Wishes and Good Luck to Everyone!!!