Advertisements
Advertisements
I don't know if this is allowed. If not please delete. I have a question about whether or not something would qualify as grounds for revoking a FP's license or at the very least a suspension. I dont want to put it on a public message board. Could anyone who would want to hear my story please send a message to my inbox?
Just an FYI-- on these forums people have to be on your 'friends' list to private message you. If you would like to post the situation minus identifying information here on the open forum I would be happy to reply with my opinion.
Advertisements
Ok, Im just going to post it. FM is suppose to send her FS for an overnight visit after school. FP sends a full bottle of narcotic meds with FS who is a mod mentally handicapped 4th grader. Child gives them to another child to keep. Other child doesnt take any that anyone knows of. Teacher discovers this and takes meds to nurse. Nurse is livid and asks does FM know how many laws she is breaking by doing this. I know FM & yes she knew she wasnt suppose to do this. I use to foster for the agency she is with. They are required to keep all meds locked up at all times and to never give the whole bottle to a child. Of course this is just a general foster rule. Wouldn't this be grounds for revoking this ladies license? We are all human and make mistakes but this was no mistake and she knew better. She was just trying to slide by and get out of having to take meds to bio and hoped she wouldnt get caught. I am so hoping the nurse doesnt just talk with her and reports this. And I am hoping she will report to the DCS CW and not the agency. They agency will give her a stern talking to and that will be the end of it. They wont take it any further for fear the agency will look bad....
Something being grounds for revoking her license and her license being revoked are not necessarily the same thing. If it's reported, the state will investigate. If they find reason for concern, they could revoke her license or put in place some type of corrective action plan. If she has not had any violations previously, she probably won't lose her license (at least, she probably wouldn't where I'm at). On the other hand, if she has multiple violations in the past, especially if they are about the same type of issue, she would be more likely to lose her license.