Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
My wife and I are about to become foster parents, we’re supposed to be licensed any day now and though our agency has been really awesome they haven’t given us any idea of the time frame they think it will be for placement. Partly we’re just curious and partly my work has been asking because I plan to take a few days off and they’re trying to plan for that.
So, I’m curious if anyone on here has experience to make an educated guess, I’ve google searched a lot and most people who ask this are set up with very different parameters then us.
What we signed on for is up to three children (probably siblings) from infant to 12 but willing to consider a few years older than that, no preference on much other than a few things like our house can’t provide the room for wheel chair access or that we only speak English things like that. We did say that we would prefer to adopt ultimately but we’re also open to straight foster care as well as emergency placement. We don’t have children of our own but we do have cats and dogs.
Any thoughts or guesses? I hate to keep telling my boss it could be anywhere from 24 hours to a couple months…
Thanks!
A little bit depends on your state but with that open of parameters I would assume it will be fairly quick once you are licensed. The only other thing that may effect is (in some states they do not have a Daycare stipend (like mine) and so they prefer a SAHP if the child is not in school)
Advertisements
Thanks for the reply Always. I assume too that it would be quick placement time but I wish we had some kind of idea from our worker. They do offer a daycare stipend and we already picked out a daycare so I don't think that would be an issue. On a side note, that's a little crazy that not every state provides that.