Advertisements
Advertisements
Birth certificate says 6-29-63 . After seeing the film "Philomena," I have decided to renew my search for finding biological links to my past. I made an attempt after graduating college but the state informed me that my Birth Mother had a family, unaware of my existence, and she didn't want to upset the apple cart; probably not her exact wording. I have had an interesting career in the performing arts/television . No children, just furry ones. Would like some health information and could pass some on as well. No judgments. It would be nice to see a person's face that resembles mine. Life is short. We are only here for a whisper of time.
Don't believe anything the state/agency tells you. They have a long-standing tradition of lying to both adoptees and birth parents.
If you're not registered at please do that as soon as you can. Your birth family may already be looking for you. Then get whatever records you can from the state -- you're often able to glean valuable information from them.
There are also many "search angels" who will help -- at no cost to you -- seek out your birth family.
Good luck!
Attachments
Advertisements