Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I am a dual citizen (United States & Swedish) born in Bogotá, Colombia. I have never visited Colombia but am now seriously interested in doing so. My biggest concern before making any travel arrangements is my paper situation, as I have no clue if I am still considered a Colombian citizen? I own no Colombian passport and have no paperwork other than foreign ones in English & Swedish that shows my place of birth - Bogotá. According to my adoptive parents, they only have original adoptive papers from an agency that no longer exists and my original birth certificate was taken away after it was converted into a Swedish birth certificate that still shows where I was born.
The Colombian citizenship itself is not as important to me as being able to visit without running into any problems at the airport or with the local government. As such, I was hoping to find someone else who may know more about this and where I am, in terms of my paper situation.
I have contacted the Colombian Embassy but have not heard back from them yet. In the meantime, I would like to see if anyone has any experience with this or any tip of where I should start. As mentioned, I am a dual citizen but was raised in Europe by Swedish Adoptive parents and United States has very little to do with any of this except that I am a citizen.
If anyone knows anything that could help me or at least steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Last update on December 15, 1:44 pm by Nico Pettersson.