Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'm pretty sure that needing a dedicated bedroom is one of the only things that is consistent between states. ;) This also means that it cannot be a room that you have to go through to get to another room and has to have access to a bathroom that doesn't require going through someone else's bedroom.
In looking at size, it is a minimum square footage. What that size is probably does vary by state. Also, generally the room cannot have a door to the outside, and it must have a window that meets fire code requirements for a bedroom. Some states require the room to have a closet, but where I am it is only necessary to have "sufficient" storage space for the child's belongings.
Some states have their regulations available online, so you could try a Google search. If it were me, I don't think I'd do anything drastic before starting classes or meeting with a licensing worker, because even if you do find the detailed information, regulations sometimes change without that information being changed.