Advertisements
Advertisements
Well the day I was dreading has come. My daughters biodod (my ex-BIL who I've never met) got out of prison after 8 yrs end of November and found me on facebook. He sent me a friends request (he found me cause his mother who I never met either told him my name) on Dec 12th. I started a conversation on PM and we had a nice exchange. Even though I don't trust him completely I feel he's trying hard to change his life around from drugs. Being in prison for 8 yrs he's been clean that long but being out in real world might change him. Anyways...he asked for some type of contact with our daughter (she's 16 now but was 5 when he lost custody). We adopted her at age 7 after moving here with us across country at age 6. It's been kinda nice conversing cause I'm getting more photos of her younger years from him.
So what do you all do when this happens? Do you allow them to be your friend on FB and if so is there a way to control what he sees and what other see? I'm just worried about that but then I don't know. I feel our daughter is now 16 so it's not like he can have any type of influence anymore and come get her. He's in Idaho and we are in Florida. Just looking to see if anyone has been where we are.
With Social Media, I would set up a separate page. That you have considerable control over!!
There was a recent case with a 13 year old Girl . Her ' Uncle ' checked her out of school and then ' took off ' camping or looking like going camping for 13 days.
The school 's position was it was ' totally normal?? '
I would advocate anything could happen?? I wouldn't be ' nieve ' about it ??
I would also ask her how she feels about her Dad and her relationship with him ??
Advertisements