Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I am in the very beginning stage of the adoption process. I have done a lot of research, consulted home study providers and attorneys, and submitted the beginning info to my state DHS (AR). Due to the holidays, I am waiting on return calls and the like to schedule the home study and PRIDE Classes, as well as getting all my background checks done. There is a particular child on the photo listings that I am interested in. This particular child had some medical issues, severe ones at that. I am wondering if anyone in the Houston area (Region 6) can offer any advice of how to speed things up on that end. I am hoping to have the home study completed by the end of February, and will likely hire someone privately to speed up the process in my state.
Thanks for any info!
R
Hi there!
I'm in Texas as well and have been researching and thinking about the process.Due to fear of the unknown, I haven't actually started this process.
I'm a single mom, with a teenage son (15). Other factors like getting a bigger hinge before starting the homestudy has affected my decision to take my time.
I will be following this party with interest to see how things work out for you in Texas :)
Sincerely,
Shanna
Advertisements
Hey Shanna! I'll send you a message. I'd love to have a buddy going through the system with me!
Do some research, that's what I've been doing. You can also look on the photolisting here and on the TARE website and search for kids that you might be interested in and submit an inquiry.
Last update on April 16, 6:42 am by Sachin Gupta.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi there!
I would suggest finding a great agency to help you through the process. We are currently using Pathways and they have been a tremendous help! They will make sure you have all your required trainings, background checks, homestudy, inspections, etc. We are looking to adopt through the foster care system and have just been approved. We will be ready to accept a placement in February. Even if you are interested in adoption only and not fostering, they are able to help you. Good luck!