Advertisements
Advertisements
I am an adult adoptee who is still struggling with abandonmental depression as a result of being torn from her birth mother at birth. My birth mother did not even give me a name! She could have cared less about me or what even happened to me. She cared nothing for me (really hurts). And she lied to her family saying that I died at birth and that I was a boy (I found this out in 2011 when I called her). She is/was a terrible person. But I still hurt. The primal wound is still there. For 11 days I was abandoned in a cold hospital and nobody loved me (except Jesus :-) ). The story doesn't get any better. My adoptive family was very dysfunctional and I had a horrible experience with them. I was never accepted by the family. Only God cared for me as I raised myself. My wounds are deep. Only other adoptees can ever begin to understand the pain and the really dark moments. I am an outwardly successful person having two college degrees, but torn inside from birth. Abortion would have spared me all of this pain. I think just having friends with similar experiences would help me. Please let me know if you are interested in being my pen pal friend. Thank you and may God Bless all Adoptees. :-)
Lori
Advertisements
HI Lisa,
I know I am probably over a year late in responding, but current situations in life bought me to this site. I think the best option would be a therapist since I am also seeing a psychiatrist and going to see a therapist soon regarding my adoption issue. I won't make false promises of "always" being there and abandoning you like our birth parents did, but will try to be there when I can through e-mails or whatever is easier for you. Let me know. And lots of love.
PS- I am 31, if you're looking for an adult to talk to.
I am an adult adoptee who is still struggling with abandonmental depression as a result of being torn from her birth mother at birth. My birth mother did not even give me a name! She could have cared less about me or what even happened to me. She cared nothing for me (really hurts). And she lied to her family saying that I died at birth and that I was a boy (I found this out in 2011 when I called her). She is/was a terrible person. But I still hurt. The primal wound is still there. For 11 days I was abandoned in a cold hospital and nobody loved me (except Jesus :-) ). The story doesn't get any better. My adoptive family was very dysfunctional and I had a horrible experience with them. I was never accepted by the family. Only God cared for me as I raised myself. My wounds are deep. Only other adoptees can ever begin to understand the pain and the really dark moments. I am an outwardly successful person having two college degrees, but torn inside from birth. Abortion would have spared me all of this pain. I think just having friends with similar experiences would help me. Please let me know if you are interested in being my pen pal friend. Thank you and may God Bless all Adoptees. :-)
Lori
Last update on April 21, 1:55 pm by Nellie Manpoong.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I think I need to see a therapist. It might help me even though it is very expensive. I would appreciate talking on the phone if you want to talk as fellow adoptees. Please email me so i can exchange numbers. thank you and be blessed.