Advertisements
Advertisements
As an adult adoptee , I am curious how many birth mother are actually on these types of forums.
I realize every situation is unique and not all the women who gave away their babies had any other options but in my case, that wasnt the case!
My birth mother had loving family (who I've met numerous times) begging her to let them look after me, even telling my birth mother that she would never have to pay for me or see me if she didnt want to but she REALLY didnt want me.. She was 16, granted, but I was 17 when i had my child and i had the most terrifying pregnancy in a way that i thought my baby was going to be taken away from me for some reason or another. I loved my baby even before giving birth. Then afterwards, I've watched my baby grow and thought how could my birth mother/egg donor have done that?
For the record, she stayed with my biological father and they had many more kids that they kept and loved.
My birth mother insisted that she thought of me every day ( she had so many other kids, I highly doubt that's true) when I finally managed to track her down about a year before I had my baby. I wanted to believe it so much but the more time we spent together, the more obvious it became that it was b******t.
So im curious of the ratio of adotees vs birth parents on forums such as these.
Last update on January 15, 7:31 am by Bee Holmes.