Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
thanks for sharing.
Me and my Husband are considering adoption. The bigest problem for us is his' parents adn relatives' point of view. They all are terribly scared about "bringing up a prospective criminal". As far as I'm concerned this all is up to us.
Looking for any argument, cause mine have ended.
adoption doesn't make criminals.. you know what makes criminals? - neglect.. peer pressure.. economic situations.. birth defects (things like fetal alcohol syndrome can make kids impulsive,for example).. sure there are some genetic components to some risk factors to criminal behavior, but all gene pools have "bad genes... what make's your families so special?
my brother was raised by his BF. he got in trouble with the law. My BIL was adopted. He became a well respected member of his community, with a wife of 30 years, a son, and a great job.
my DD spent the first 3 years of her life in a flop house. Both her BPs have long rap sheets. She has fetal alcohol syndrome and was exposed to a host of drugs in utero. She is the joy of my life. There has never been a better kid. Her friend's parents are always complimenting her. Not saying she's perfect (what tween is?), but i am thankful every day that i got the opportunity to share a life with her
my FIL died on Sunday. we were told he wouldnt live to see 2010. But in Nov 2009, he took one look at my DD and decided to fight. he stuck around for 6 extra years: 2 bouts of lung cancer, colon cancer, skin cancer, prostate cancer, heart attacks, valve replacement, and shingles.. using her smile as motivation
I feel sorry for any of your in laws, unwilling to take a chance on sharing their life with a kid in need of a home.