Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Chad..I am always hoping for that match. I would love to share pictures I have! There were about 40 or more foster homes back then. Many of those people have passed away, including my mother who was the official foster mom. There are some out there but I don't know where they are anymore and being there were so many... LSS has the name of your foster parents in your file. I have heard you have to pay to get that which I feel is very wrong. Should you find out, I may recall them. Good-luck. Donna
Advertisements
Sorta off topic a little. I'm having trouble finding information about what agencies were around in Minnesota before 1977 and that still are. I'm trying to compair prices charged for post adoption searches. Thanks.
Peter, The only ones I know of ( I am sure there are more) were Lutheran Social Service, Catholic Charities and Children's Home Society..also Jewish Family Services which is now part of Childrens Home Soc. Donna
I was born 04/21/1971 and was placed through LSS in June 1971. I don't believe I had a name, but maybe??
Archive
Originally Posted By Lynn
Any adoptees out there who were adopted through Lutheran Social Service 1970-1979? You may have been in our LSS foster home prior to your adoption. We remember all of you..may even have pictures. Much love to you all, Lynn...still a foster mommy
I was born in Minneapolis March 13, 1970 and put into foster home for approximately 2 weeks until I was placed with my family. Did you have any girls with that birthday?
Advertisements
Hello, I was in in foster care in 1971. Born Feb. 14th 1971. My adoption was handled through LSS. Might you have had a little girl in foster care around that time?
AnnaE
Hi..I am sorry. The closest was May 7, 1973. Thank you so much for trying though. Someone had you those 2 months and loved you! AnnaE
This Quote from 2004 I think this is me
If this thread is still alive i hove someone sees this
I was born 03/13/1970 and in foster care for for 2 weeks prior to adoption.......any girls with that birthdate?
Advertisements
Any adoptees out there who were adopted through Lutheran Social Service 1970-1979? You may have been in our LSS foster home prior to your adoption. We remember all of you..may even have pictures. Much love to you all, Lynn...still a foster mommy
My fiancee was adopted through Lutheran services in 1979 in Minnesota. He was born March 31. His mother was white and we are pretty sure his father was black. We're trying to find his birth parents. We have registered for help with the Lutheran services. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
[/quote]