Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello. I’m absolutely new to adoption. I’m here to get answers to a few of my questions. Please take some time to read my story.
i am a single man of 39 yrs old, never married. my parents often ask me when I’ll finally marry ‘cause they wanna have grandkids. Firstly, I was ignorant of it. Afterwards, these questions started to irritate me and even got me upset. I had three long-lasting relationships with ladies but finally we both found out that we’re not a perfect match. It’s better to live apart, than to argue all the time. My last mate was cheating on me with another man. I couldn’t tolerate it anymore, so we felt apart. Since that time, I’ve been alone for almost two years. With years, I started to realize that it’s getting even harder to make up a family. Women are so much career-oriented. Being back to what my parents always ask me, I finally realized that I want to have a kid. I don’t know whether I’ll ever meet a soulmate or not, but what I know for sure is that I want to be a daddy.
i feel awkward to talk about it with my parents or friends, so I refer to unknown people with hope to get a piece of advice. I know that surrogate mothers may give birth to my biological baby. However, I’m not sure that this method is for me. My parents are very religious and they will just go crazy about the idea. Moreover, I’m not sure that I’ll be good enough in changing nappies and midnight meals. I think adoption is a better option for me.
if there’s anyone in similar situation or any single dads that have already adopted a kid, please share your experience. Is this possible for me and how long might it take? What papers do i need to be found legible for adoption?
thanks
Last update on January 27, 7:08 am by Edward McCoy.
Advertisements
Edward, I appreciate your decision. I believe one has to be very resolute and confident to be ready to adopt as a single man. However, it seems that you are still quite young, and I hope you’ll have a chance to make up a happy complete family with a mother. I understand that betrayal may be very hurtful. Forgive her. You need to live further.
I also find previous advice very helpful. You may start to research foster care, then foster to adopt. Thus, you’ll be able to adopt a slightly grown-up kid. As an alternative, you may try international adoption. you need to make a very profound research of different countries’ adoption regulations, because in some countries adoption by single parents is prohibited. For example, we have recently adopted from China. according to Chinese legislature, single dads are prohibited to adopt.
David, male point of view is especially important to me. Thank for cheering up. I also keep on believing that one day I’ll be able to build up a loving family with mother, but I don’t know how soon it may be. It may take years, and I want to be a daddy soon. i’m ready to do anything that it may involve. I know that bureaucratic procedure of adoption is quite tiring and long-lasting. I’m ready for that.
Fostering may not be a good option for me. I tend to adoption.
I’ve already made an inquiry of what documents I’ll need to apply for adoption. I’m very afraid that I might not be considered eligible to adopt. This scares me much. In any case, I hope I’ll be approved.
I have also already made an inquiry of what countries I can adopt from. For sure I can adopt from Columbia and Vietnam. I’ll research Columbia. Are there anyone who have recently adopted from Columbia?