Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am really glad I found this website because I have been wanting to find a someone who is open to adopting an adult (me). I know the ideal is to adopt and infant or young child, but I believe there are some people who wish to form bonds of love even if it is with an older child.
About me, I am 26 years old and I grew up with a mother who had some kind of stunted emotional development. Many people who know her well describe her as someone who is like a young child, almost like an 11 or 13 year old, and it was incredibly difficult to grow up with a mother like that (I could never express the distress I have felt accurately in words, so I will not try to do so at length, here). I always wondered why my mother acted so immaturely and why I couldn't have a strong, maternal figure who I respected, who could guide me/teach me things, and who I could depend on. It has been a source of a lot of pain in my life, and although there is not much I can change about my relationship with my birth mother, I am now reaching out to this community to see if there is anyone who has thought about adopting an adult daughter.
Just so you know, I think that my struggles with my mom made me want to be nothing like her, and I worked incredibly hard to try to become a strong, independent and hardworking woman. I actually graduated from an Ivy League university in the top 5% of my class and I am hoping to attend law school in the fall. (I have been accepted! and am waiting on decisions from a few more law schools).
I am also living in New Jersey right now but may move when I go to law school. I am not looking for any financial support of any other form of dependency, and I would not be a residential adoptee, obviously. I am really just looking for someone who has wanted a daughter who I can care for and love as the mother, like I have always wanted. I am also not idealistic--I know no relationship is perfect, but I truly have a lot of love to give to a mother figure and hope that we can support each other and, perhaps, fulfill each other's lives a bit more through this adoption.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email me at perksofbeingasunflower2@gmail.com
I really look forward to hearing from you, and I am truly glad that I found this community.
Best,
Jean
Last update on April 3, 10:01 pm by Eunie Jean.
Advertisements
People I have no idea how to respond to anyone. I’m retired and have raised two fine women. My Mom died at 28 and I understand the need for a mother figure. You may email me if you need a mentor. No scams. I retired from a criminal justice field so I’m street Saavy. Wink. Wink.
Just want to reach out a hand and make a difference in a person’s life. That’s why we are here.
Please I will need Mentoring please help me out your email is not here
People I have no idea how to respond to anyone. I’m retired and have raised two fine women. My Mom died at 28 and I understand the need for a mother figure. You may email me if you need a mentor. No scams. I retired from a criminal justice field so I’m street Saavy. Wink. Wink.
Just want to reach out a hand and make a difference in a person’s life. That’s why we are here.
Please I am available for ADOPTION
samuelayodeji439@gmail.com
LOOKING TO ADOPT A YOUNG ADULT
I posted before -- but forgot to include my email info. I can be reached at
MassachusettsLitigation@gmail.com
I am a happily married professional seeking to adopt a young adult (or even a young adult with their own kids).
We are by no means perfect. My husband and I are both attorneys. We have 3 children (and soon grandchildren). We are not rich. We have a tiny house. We love animals. We are extremely liberal and supportive of all lifestyles. We live in New England and believe in investing in education.
I believe family is for LIFE so, if we adopt you, you are STUCK WITH US!!
[/quote]
Hi , how would you like to adopt internationally , I'm 17 and I'll love to be in a normal lovely family, I've never experience good fun quality family time , I grew up with my mom, my dad was never there so it kinda sucks , I'll love to have a Father figure.
So what do you think ????
My Email: arthmariana@gmail.com
Hi
I am new to this forum. I am an adult with 3 children and soon grandchildren. I have been interested in adopting a young adult but I am not sure how to go about it.... All the posts I started made me seem like I weirdo..... I know everyone wants to adopt babies but I always wanted to adopt someone older who wants a family for LIFE.
We are by no means perfect. My husband works too much (we are both attorneys), I am forgetful. Our other kids are a bit spoiled (I grew up without much so I over indulged them). We are not rich. We have a tiny, tiny house. We love animals. We are extremely liberal and supportive of all lifestyles. We live in New England and believe in investing in education. Where do we find young adults (18 - 30) looking for families?
[/quote]
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi everyone, I'm yasmine and I'm 21 years old. I never had parents to call "mum and dad", I never had someone to kiss goodnight, who was with me when I was sick, who came to school to see my Christmas shows, I never had someone who taught me to ride a bike or someone who dried my tears when I was sad. I've never had someone who loved me and made me feel at home. I was abandoned by my father when I was 3 years old and shortly after by my mother. Not having parents as children is difficult, it leaves you with an emptiness that can not be filled. Despite everything I am a normal, serious girl; I have always been committed and now I am 21 years old and I study biology and I would like to become a doctor, to help somehow those who suffer, those who are sick, to give the love that has never been given to me. I know that I am great but I would just like someone I can love and love me, someone I can call and call me, I would like someone to like me as I am. The emptiness I have inside can not be filled by a boy or a friend. I know that somewhere there is someone who has so much love to give and so much need to be loved, just like me. I do not care whether it's a father or a mother for me or both, I do not care if I'm 40 or 70, I do not care whether he's rich or poor, moved or single. I would just like to please someone, make him proud of my successes, love him unconditionally and build the relationship that was denied me as a child. I want to be the daughter I've never been, even just to hear me say "I love you".
Maybe nobody will read this post but I'll try.
If someone even wanted to talk to me this is my mail, I hope to deserve the love I want and to be able to reciprocate.
My email is jonhdk13@gmail.com
Thank you for listening to me.
Have a good day.,
hello there everyone im also looking for something simaler i could do with an adult figure as i came from a quite psychologically toxic background and its led me to become a self sabatour which also ended up with my parter of six years cheating on me with a good friend of mine ..... or so i thought but even if a hypothetical adoption isnt available ill be happy just to talk to some human beings that have a little compassion empathy and understanding that few seem to posses.
ive recently started to improve my life for the better as ive had a bit of a drinking issue and substance issues in my youth due to not having a family home at 16 and due to having to finance my on life and houseing with a friend this has led me down quite the destructive path which only started to become obvious after my parter had cheated so from this point i decieded to go back into education to learn about psychology (which has taught me my upbringing so incredibly harmful and im lucky im as ok as i seem to be) in order to become a docter one day this has given me great pride but also great sorrow because my parents although both alive dont give a damn about me or my two siblings who have moved to other countries and ive lost contact with now which also saddens as i have nobody in my life to share any of my achievements with or tell about my day and equally do the same for them someone i can feel some kind of kinship with in this sad desolate world we currently live in.
i do think id be a great family memeber to have or even a friend i have a deep empathy and love for people and a great sympathy for thoose who suffer (i guess thats the psycologist in me or my current job as a carer)
i am 24 male my name is Alexander and if anyone wants to reach out or even chat email me on Alex-polke-eley@hotmail.co.uk and ill be happy to chat to you :) hope to hear from somebody and hope everyone finds thier kin x
1 Liked
 likes this.
I don't know if this website does the uk I'm 18 and I've left care and am now on my own and I'm looking for a mother figure as I never wanted to be by myself I just wanted a mum a bit of a fun mum who's caring and maybe still a little young don't know really how to use this website ??
Hi, everyone!
I am a 40 years old idependent woman. I am looking for a mother and father figures. I have a 12 years old daughter and I am 2 months pregnant. I am very stable in all areas of my life. I funally decided I want to have a family as I was left by my mother when I was 11 and my father has dementia. So, I ended up alone and I think I am too young for that. Besides, I would like to share the good things in my life. I am not a sad person, I just think life is better when we share love.
Advertisements
My hear is heavy when i think or say this out loud. But I need a Mother figure :( I am 32 soon to be 33yrs and my own biological mother preferred a pedophile instead of me. I do not know where my biological father is and I feel sometimes lost and unwanted.
My hear is heavy when i think or say this out loud. But I need a Mother figure :( I am 32 soon to be 33yrs and my own biological mother preferred a pedophile instead of me. I do not know where my biological father is and I feel sometimes lost and unwanted.
I understand Carolyn and my heart goes out to you. Don't feel lost or unwanted,..although I've felt that way myself at times. How can I contact you privatly.
I think and even say this quite often. I'm 31 years old and my life has been one disaster after the next more often than not. Seemingly endless adversity, much of it being no deliberate fault of my own. Now I'm fighting like hell to give my children the life their father and I were both cheated out of at the hands of our parents and other "life guides" who came after.
Most of the time, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I'd give my good arm if I could "adopt" grandparents for my littles, as we don't have anyone left who cares one way or another about our livelihood. I'm due to give birth November 1, and I don't even know who's going to help with our 2 toddlers while I recover and adjust to new motherhood again. I'm terrified I'm going to fall on my face and fail miserably.
Not just with this birth, but entirely.
One thing I will say though... If my parents taught me anything, it's how NOT to raise my children. If my parents ever gave me anything besides heartache, turmoil, and drug addiction (4 years sober because my life just isn't about me anymore!), they, unwittingly gave me the will and the heart to push through and conquer any adversity I'm faced with without ever allowing myself to be defeated. I'm stubborn as hell and REFUSE to fail.
If only you knew my whole story... You'd be amazed, guaranteed. That said, I know I have yet to see the end of hard times. My 2-year-old threw every penny we had to survive on for the coming months out of the window of my SUV last week. $3k long gone, never to be seen again I guess. I panicked, walked & drove back and forth on that stretch of highway it was thought to be lost, cried, grieved myself sick... but I know we will be okay. We always are. I don't know where our next will even come from. That was the rest of my disability back-pay after a near-fatal car crash 3 years ago this week almost took us all out.
I'm still beaten and broken, but I will never give up. I know I still have fight left in me. If nothing has broken me yet, then nothing ever will.
This is what I live by right here... A statement I've been working to perfect since the start of pursuing my passionate purpose last year. (I will finally get it written right at some point! Lol)
There is not a single person, entity, or event on this face of this planet that holds any power in your life-- unless you CHOOSE to allow it to. We are the sole heir to our destiny! The moment we decide to take ownership and begin wielding the power which we ALL hold within is the moment we set off on our TRUE path-- to conquer awaiting adversity, to fulfill our meaningful purpose in this life, to chase (and reach!) our everlasting dreams, and to FINALLY live life by our very own design. The pain of a past life should be used as nothing more than learning curves to ultimately transform that which you possess into the trove of your wisdom and the hub of your given power. Persistence is key, and mindset is EVERYTHING.
The uncertainty of the end of life (i.e. When? What's next?) should be enough reason in itself for NO ONE to want to spend a single moment in misery when happiness is such a very REAL and simple choice that anyone in any situation on any walk of life, no matter their past or present circumstances, is fully capable of making and achieving. Not an easy choice, and I know it's so much harder for some of us than others, but it is a simple one. Just takes REAL effort and retirement of the pity pot that tends to leave rings on so many people's butts so much of the time. That's an unfortunate truth right there. I'm here to testify. I had a ring around my butt for the better part of 27 years and still find it wanting to creep back in sometimes.
Don't you ever lose hope, sister. You DO have a purpose in this life outside of missing what was stolen from you. I can promise you that. I have dreams that seem so far out of reach, but the harder I push, the closer I get to them. My purpose, other than setting my babies up for success, laying the world at their feet, and giving them a life full of opportunity, is to do my part in changing the lives of others just like me from cheating themselves out of the life they're fully capable of living on their own terms.
That wasn't really my reason for joining this forum today, but I hate to see anyone in pain when I've been or am currently in those same shoes and there's even a slight chance something I say may help put them at any ease. I know my story can, has, and will continue to change lives. I didn't realize just how widespread the connection may actually be. I really hope that my words could help give you a little hope today. <3
I want to share a photo of what gives me my reason to fight like hell. :-)
Advertisements
Carolyn, my first comment was in response to this one you made. Sorry, I just joined today and I haven't figured out exactly how to navigate everything yet. Keep your head held high.
That all goes for the rest of you as well! Never give up your fight! Your life will only ever be what you allow and what YOU make of it!!!
1 Liked
 likes this.
I understand how that feels and I had a similar childhood specially after my Dad died. I also want a mother, a mentor, someone who can guide me. I am also looking for a family and want to be adopted and your post gives me the strength to create my own post for this. I wish you the best.
Hello,
I am really glad I found this website because I have been wanting to find a someone who is open to adopting an adult (me). I know the ideal is to adopt and infant or young child, but I believe there are some people who wish to form bonds of love even if it is with an older child.
About me, I am 26 years old and I grew up with a mother who had some kind of stunted emotional development. Many people who know her well describe her as someone who is like a young child, almost like an 11 or 13 year old, and it was incredibly difficult to grow up with a mother like that (I could never express the distress I have felt accurately in words, so I will not try to do so at length, here). I always wondered why my mother acted so immaturely and why I couldn't have a strong, maternal figure who I respected, who could guide me/teach me things, and who I could depend on. It has been a source of a lot of pain in my life, and although there is not much I can change about my relationship with my birth mother, I am now reaching out to this community to see if there is anyone who has thought about adopting an adult daughter.
Just so you know, I think that my struggles with my mom made me want to be nothing like her, and I worked incredibly hard to try to become a strong, independent and hardworking woman. I actually graduated from an Ivy League university in the top 5% of my class and I am hoping to attend law school in the fall. (I have been accepted! and am waiting on decisions from a few more law schools).
I am also living in New Jersey right now but may move when I go to law school. I am not looking for any financial support of any other form of dependency, and I would not be a residential adoptee, obviously. I am really just looking for someone who has wanted a daughter who I can care for and love as the mother, like I have always wanted. I am also not idealistic--I know no relationship is perfect, but I truly have a lot of love to give to a mother figure and hope that we can support each other and, perhaps, fulfill each other's lives a bit more through this adoption.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email me at perksofbeingasunflower2@gmail.com
I really look forward to hearing from you, and I am truly glad that I found this community.
Best,
Jean