Hello,
I am really glad I found this website because I have been wanting to find a someone who is open to adopting an adult (me). I know the ideal is to adopt and infant or young child, but I believe there are some people who wish to form bonds of love even if it is with an older child.
About me, I am 26 years old and I grew up with a mother who had some kind of stunted emotional development. Many people who know her well describe her as someone who is like a young child, almost like an 11 or 13 year old, and it was incredibly difficult to grow up with a mother like that (I could never express the distress I have felt accurately in words, so I will not try to do so at length, here). I always wondered why my mother acted so immaturely and why I couldn't have a strong, maternal figure who I respected, who could guide me/teach me things, and who I could depend on. It has been a source of a lot of pain in my life, and although there is not much I can change about my relationship with my birth mother, I am now reaching out to this community to see if there is anyone who has thought about adopting an adult daughter.
Just so you know, I think that my struggles with my mom made me want to be nothing like her, and I worked incredibly hard to try to become a strong, independent and hardworking woman. I actually graduated from an Ivy League university in the top 5% of my class and I am hoping to attend law school in the fall. (I have been accepted! and am waiting on decisions from a few more law schools).
I am also living in New Jersey right now but may move when I go to law school. I am not looking for any financial support of any other form of dependency, and I would not be a residential adoptee, obviously. I am really just looking for someone who has wanted a daughter who I can care for and love as the mother, like I have always wanted. I am also not idealistic--I know no relationship is perfect, but I truly have a lot of love to give to a mother figure and hope that we can support each other and, perhaps, fulfill each other's lives a bit more through this adoption.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email me at perksofbeingasunflower2@gmail.com
I really look forward to hearing from you, and I am truly glad that I found this community.
Best,
Jean
Last update on April 3, 10:01 pm by Eunie Jean.
Hi Brandy,
I hope that you find someone! I too am looking for a "mom". I'm 41, married and have kids of my own and people will ask me why I would need to find a mother figure at my age. I have a great life, good career, etc. but I think that people don't realize the impact it has on us women when we don't have that figure in our life. Even as adults we need a momma :-). Good luck xoxo
Sarah
Hello,
I am really glad I found this website because I have been wanting to find a someone who is open to adopting an adult (me). I know the ideal is to adopt and infant or young child, but I believe there are some people who wish to form bonds of love even if it is with an older child.
About me, I am 26 years old and I grew up with a mother who had some kind of stunted emotional development. Many people who know her well describe her as someone who is like a young child, almost like an 11 or 13 year old, and it was incredibly difficult to grow up with a mother like that (I could never express the distress I have felt accurately in words, so I will not try to do so at length, here). I always wondered why my mother acted so immaturely and why I couldn't have a strong, maternal figure who I respected, who could guide me/teach me things, and who I could depend on. It has been a source of a lot of pain in my life, and although there is not much I can change about my relationship with my birth mother, I am now reaching out to this community to see if there is anyone who has thought about adopting an adult daughter.
Just so you know, I think that my struggles with my mom made me want to be nothing like her, and I worked incredibly hard to try to become a strong, independent and hardworking woman. I actually graduated from an Ivy League university in the top 5% of my class and I am hoping to attend law school in the fall. (I have been accepted! and am waiting on decisions from a few more law schools).
I am also living in New Jersey right now but may move when I go to law school. I am not looking for any financial support of any other form of dependency, and I would not be a residential adoptee, obviously. I am really just looking for someone who has wanted a daughter who I can care for and love as the mother, like I have always wanted. I am also not idealistic--I know no relationship is perfect, but I truly have a lot of love to give to a mother figure and hope that we can support each other and, perhaps, fulfill each other's lives a bit more through this adoption.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email me at perksofbeingasunflower2@gmail.com
I really look forward to hearing from you, and I am truly glad that I found this community.
Best,
Jean
I am 45 and live in PA I have had multiple miscarriages but no live births. It has occurred to me that some of my children would be the same age as many leaving foster care and those who have been alone in the world for a time. I would love to be a mother figure for young adults who need to know they are loved and cared for. If any of you are interested I can be reached on here or at yvedeaf@gmail.com
Last update on October 12, 5:02 am by Yve Brown.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I am interested in you I want be your son if you don't mind??? I am 24 from Pakistan
Drop your details and contact me fast
My email in mouzamali123@gmail.com
Drop your details and contact me fast
My email in mouzamali123@gmail.com
Are you currently living in the US or are you still living in Pakistan?
If you are looking for a legal adoption, My understanding of the laws of my state regarding adult adoption (many states do not even permit it or have 21 as an age limit unless it is a stepparent adoption) require that both parties must be present and consent to said adoption for adoption to actually take place. There are also immigration laws which would have to be followed for a person choosing to come to this country, and citizen status is not automatically granted to adoptees who are already over 18 years of age. They must go through the same immigration process as anyone else.
This is why I ask whether or not you were already in the US because that determines the eligibility for even considering adult adoption. If however, you are simply looking for someone you can talk to and who can care about you, it is possible to establish loving, caring relationships over time regardless of where one is located.
Last update on October 14, 7:50 am by Yve Brown.
Hi Brandy,
I hope that you find someone! I too am looking for a "mom". I'm 41, married and have kids of my own and people will ask me why I would need to find a mother figure at my age. I have a great life, good career, etc. but I think that people don't realize the impact it has on us women when we don't have that figure in our life. Even as adults we need a momma :-). Good luck xoxo
Sarah
Hi Sarah... I would love to talk more to you about this... I'm widowed and no longer have any family members and would love the opportunity to have a family to love in my life. I'm looking for a daughter about your age who has kids... I adore kids and would also love to have grand kids in my life... please accept my friend request so we can message further. Stormy :)
1 Liked
 likes this.